Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mi Ke'amcha Yisrael…





Only in Israel
Reuven and Rivka Levy (London-Neve Daniel) sent me the following delightful story, that happened in their own community on Shabbat. I love these kind of stories...
Rabbi Shaw came out of his house on Shabbat morning and saw a taxi parked outside his neighbours house (the Snyders). That's a little unusual since Snyder doesn’t drive a taxi and cars don’t come into our settlement on Shabbat. So when he saw Snyder, he asked him where the taxi came from.
Here's what happened:
Friday afternoon, Snyder flew back to Israel from abroad. The plane was a little delayed, but he had just about enough time to get from Lod Airport back to Neve Daniel. He jumped in the first cab and flew off. On the way, the cabbie turned round to him and said, "It's getting late! I'm a Sabbath-observing Jew. With all best intentions, it doesn’t look like I'm going to be able to take you as far as Gush Etzion and then make it back to my house before Shabbat sets in. Tell you what: I'll drive past my house in Bet Shemesh, jump out, and give you the keys. You drive the cab to Neve Daniel and I'll pick it up after Shabbat."
So that's what he did! Only in Israel... Mi Ke'amcha Yisrael…

No comments: